Tuesday, 29 November 2011
Thursday, 24 November 2011
Just a quick note of a gig! Mango Gorilla will be playing at OJ's, 62-66 High Street, Elm Park Hornchurch, featuring a couple of songs from their set, featuring guitarist George Watkins. It will be good to catch them at this at this early stage, try to be there!
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
To kick off the bulletin board, Matthew has this amp for sale, if you are interested, please ring him on the numbers below.
Fender Pro Reverb amplifier
· Serial Number A 17284 ˆ Website ages amplifier as manufactured 1974
· 2 No. 12‰ diameter blue label Fender Musical Instruments speaker
· 45 watts output ˆ 4 ohms
· Normal channel x 2 inputs
· Vibrato channel x 2 inputs
· 1 No. double switch foot control ˆ Vib and Reverb
· Used for gigging and therefore marking to the cover, corrosion to chromed parts – It has lived
· Excellent sound on all four channels ˆ very bright and Fender distinct „bright‰ channel to both Normal and Vibrato channels
· On / off and standby rear switches
Pictures can be emailed. Price: POA Where: Brentwood Tel: 01277 233100 or 07957 544007
Monday, 31 October 2011
I'm also asked by various students about guitars they have for sale or amps and so on. So I'll be posting a bulletin board, just so some of you guys can mention stuff you want to sell or buy, or musicians for bands etc. It certainly saves me trying to remember everything! So I'll post the items as they are mentioned - watch this space.
As most of you know, since not being able to get Martin Special Performance strings I have been trying various electric guitar strings, and with the gypsy jazz and acoustic work I have also been trying various makes to try to get it as right as I can. After what is a couple of years - I can really recommend the Galli strings - they've all worked extremely well - and have been the answer to prayer on the gypsy jazz guitar - great sound and a third that lasts longer than three hours! That's been the hardest to get right - that balance between sound quality and tone, plus endurance which is particularly hard on a guitar of that construction. In fact, all my guitars have improved tone since I've started to use them - it's no mean feat!
Thursday, 8 September 2011
Monday, 8 August 2011
Ian Flavill and I will be headlining at the Acoustic Night at The Swan in Bicknacre tonight, the evening starts at about 8.30pm, would be great to see you there!