Monday 31 October 2011

String change!

As most of you know, since not being able to get Martin Special Performance strings I have been trying various electric guitar strings, and with the gypsy jazz and acoustic work I have also been trying various makes to try to get it as right as I can. After what is a couple of years - I can really recommend the Galli strings - they've all worked extremely well - and have been the answer to prayer on the gypsy jazz guitar - great sound and a third that lasts longer than three hours! That's been the hardest to get right - that balance between sound quality and tone, plus endurance which is particularly hard on a guitar of that construction. In fact, all my guitars have improved tone since I've started to use them - it's no mean feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment